Advanced Beginner LEVEL
- Basic hand-sewing Skills and maybe-machine sewing if needed
- Basic Knitting skills
- US 11 or 13 size knitting needles
- Fabric for bag liner
- Tapestry needle, pins, and scissors
- Giant Button
K- knit P- purl CO- cast on
RS- right side row WS- wrong side row
- 3 skeins total of different textures and colors of chunky/bulky and worsted weight yarns- see “A Note on Yarn” on the next page.
- This project is knitted with 3 to 4 strands of yarn at the same time using very big knitting needles.
- Project is knitted and then sewn.
A Note on Yarn:
I mainly used Lions Brand Hometown USA in purple, Bernat Boucle yarn in turquoise and a multi-colored yarn for texture and color pop.The key to this purse is that you combine the different textures of yarn to create a very thick purse. The colors of the purse reflect whatever color scheme you are aiming for. Jackie wanted a purple large clutch so I opted for hints of color in the smaller weight yarns while keeping the main chunky yarn purple and turquoise. As you can see, my handbag has these flicks of color thrown at you you ever so often.
I love knitting and crocheting with jumbo hooks and jumbo needles, especially when you have texture!
The plain white giant button pops when you see it against the dark yarn. Today, large clutches are the trend.